What Kind of Settlement Can a Florida Dangerous Drug Attorney Help Secure?
In a dangerous drug lawsuit, compensation payments for your losses are known as damages. Some common types of damages awarded in Florida dangerous drug settlements include:
- Medical bills Costs for treatment of any injuries or illnesses caused by the dangerous drug, including emergency responses like an ambulance ride, and follow-up care for long-term or permanent conditions.
- Lost wages Lost or reduced income due to your illness, including the loss of job-related benefits like retirement contributions and health insurance coverage.
- Pain and suffering This refers to both physical and emotional distress caused by the use of the dangerous drug, including strain placed on your marriage and family relationships (loss of consortium).
- Punitive damages, This compensation comes from fees intended to punish the defendant for their actions, and may be ordered in instances of individuals/companies knowingly placing dangerous drugs on the market.
- Wrongful death losses, Damages in a wrongful death case cover both economic losses like a loss of income, and non-economic losses like the emotional pain of losing a person’s unique and irreplaceable companionship
Securing settlements or verdicts in dangerous drug injury cases is first about compensating you,and providing for high-quality, dignified treatment going forward. These amounts also serve to penalize irresponsible drug designers, manufacturers, and retailers, creating a safer community for all patients.
Your Florida dangerous drug attorney from Osborne & Francis can build a case for negotiations with insurance companies, businesses like retail pharmacies, and corporate counsel from major pharmaceutical conglomerates. Contact us online or by calling (561) 293-2600 — we are fully prepared to go all the way to trial to secure what our clients deserve.