What Kind of Settlement Can an Insurance Claim Lawyer Help You Secure?
Some common types of settlements our insurance claim lawyers can assist with include:
- Full claim payment: The lawyer can work to ensure that the insurance company pays the full amount owed under your policy for covered losses, whether it's related to property damage, personal injury, or another type of claim.
- Partial claim payment: If your claim is partially denied or underpaid, an attorney can negotiate with the insurer to secure a more reasonable settlement that better reflects your actual losses.
- Third-party liability settlement: If your claim involves liability on the part of another party, such as in a car accident, your lawyer can negotiate with the at-fault party's insurer to secure a fair settlement on your behalf.
- Court litigation resolution: In cases where negotiations fail, your lawyer can pursue a settlement through litigation. This means presenting your case in court and seeking a favorable judgment or negotiating a settlement during the legal process.
- Bad faith settlement: In cases where the insurance company has acted in bad faith by unreasonably denying or delaying your claim, your lawyer may seek punitive damages aka “punishment” compensation. These are funds that may be awarded to you in addition to the amount originally owed under your policy.
Ultimately, the type of settlement your insurance claim lawyer can help you secure depends on the unique circumstances of your case, the insurance policy involved, and the legal strategy utilized to resolve the dispute.
Our primary goal is to advocate for your rights and maximize the compensation to which you are entitled under your insurance policy and applicable laws.
Hiring an attorney to handle your insurance dispute increases the likelihood of a higher payout as opposed to contesting the insurance company on your own. Hiring a lawyer also saves you unnecessary time and stress. Your attorneys handle the paperwork and negotiations, so this matter doesn’t continue to disrupt your life.
Contact Osborne & Francis at (561) 293-2600 as soon as you can — we can help you understand your legal options, provide strategic advice, and ensure that you receive the fair coverage or compensation to which you are entitled.
What Types of Cases Can an Insurance Claims Lawyer Handle?
An insurance claims lawyer can handle a wide range of cases related to insurance disputes and issues. Some common types of cases that insurance claims lawyers can handle include:
- Personal injury claims: Lawyers can assist with personal injury claims, including those resulting from accidents, medical malpractice, or injuries on someone else's property (premises liability).
- Health and life insurance claims: Disputes related to medical coverage, denied claims, or medical treatment coverage fall under this category. Lawyers can help beneficiaries navigate the process of claiming life insurance benefits after the policyholder's death.
- Disability and long-term care claims: These involve disputes regarding disability insurance benefits for individuals unable to work due to injury or illness. Lawyers can assist policyholders with disputes related to coverage for long-term care, nursing home care, or assisted living facilities.
- Underinsured or uninsured motorist claims: Lawyers can help individuals who have been injured in accidents involving drivers with inadequate or no vehicle insurance coverage.
- Property damage and business insurance claims: These involve disputes over damage to homes, vehicles, personal effects, and business losses covered by insurance policies. Our attorneys can negotiate policies related to homeowners' insurance, auto insurance, and business liability. Damages or business interruption caused by natural disasters like hurricanes, earthquakes, fires, and floods, as well as fire or water damage from other causes like faulty wiring or burst pipes.
When an insurance company denies coverage or refuses to pay a claim, your lawyer from Osborne & Francis can challenge the denial and seek a satisfactory resolution. We are experienced in interpreting insurance policies, negotiating with insurance companies, and, if necessary, litigating cases before a judge to protect our clients' rights and interests.
We are here to ensure policyholders receive the coverage and compensation they need under contracts that deserve to be honored.
What Does an Insurance Claim Attorney Do for Your Case? (3 Key Services)
Insurance claim attorneys provide a range of services to help clients navigate insurance disputes and maximize their chances of a favorable outcome. These services may include:
- Evaluation: An insurance claim attorney will first assess the merits of your claim in a confidential consultation. At Osborne & Francis, we provide this initial consultation for free. Once hired, we will complete an in-depth review of your insurance policy to understand your coverage, and create a legal path forward to secure a fair resolution.
- Negotiation: Attorneys negotiate with insurers to secure a fair settlement that accurately reflects your losses. This spares you the frustration of arguing with corporate lawyers who are assigned with denying or downplaying your claim.
- Litigation: If needed, we will represent you in court to seek a favorable judgment or negotiate a settlement during the legal process. While it is rare for insurance dispute claims to require a formal verdict, it’s important that the lawyer you hire is prepared to go the distance if necessary.
Attorneys provide guidance and advice throughout the claims process, ensuring informed decision-making.
Insurance claim attorneys work diligently to protect your rights, advocate for your interests, and secure the compensation you deserve under your insurance policy and applicable laws. Their goal is to help you achieve a fair and satisfactory resolution to your insurance dispute.