How Can a Florida DUI Accident Lawyer Help With Damages?
A Florida DUI accident attorney can provide assistance by preparing the type of strong legal case needed to secure a damages award. Damages can often depend on the skill and experience of the attorney, so it’s important to choose the right one.
A car accident caused by someone else driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can leave the victims with severe injuries, such as brain injuries or spinal cord injuries. If you’ve been in an accident, pursuing legal action can help you and your family obtain financial assistance.
Damages in a DUI accident lawsuit can help cover:
- Immediate medical care such as emergency room or urgent care bills, medications, and emergency surgical procedures
- Long-term care including ongoing rehabilitation, follow-up surgery, and physical therapy
- Specialized care such as costs associated with neurosurgeon visits (which can be quite costly in some cases)
- Lost work wages due to missing work while recuperating
- Loss of future income due to permanent, life-changing injuries or loss of bodily functions
- Pain and suffering, including emotional and psychological trauma
- Loss of companionship in the event of a wrongful death caused by a fatality
Injuries and damages can be markedly more severe in some cases, especially those involving a semi-truck DUI accident. Larger commercial vehicles can cause even more damage if the driver is drunk or impaired. In a case where a fatality results, damages may cover additional expenses, such as funeral costs and loss of household income.
At Osborne & Francis, our accident attorneys are tough on drunk drivers who injure innocent victims. We devote all of our efforts and resources into ensuring our clients obtain the full verdicts and settlements that they deserve under the law.