That phone line to your car accident attorney is a lifeline.
The first moments after a car accident are often hectic, and for those who’ve suffered serious injuries, often terrifying. After the dust settles and your injuries are stabilized, calling a lawyer to help handle your claim or lawsuit isn’t a chore—it’s a lifeline.
With one call to Osborne & Francis, you may secure professional legal help that saves you the time, effort, and stress of gathering evidence, filing paperwork, and meeting deadlines. The sooner you hire a lawyer, the less you have to worry about. We do all the legal legwork on your behalf, freeing you to heal and recover.
If you need to speak to an experienced car accident attorney right away, fill out our confidential online form to schedule a free consultation, or call (561) 293-2600 directly. Time is of the essence, and you can prioritize your hours, days, and the coming week for your own needs by letting us handle your case from start to finish.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
In one simple word, results. The facts about hiring a personal injury attorney for you car accident case are:
- You are more likely to get a settlement if you have an attorney representing you. The experience we have with negotiating with and arguing against insurance companies and negligent parties means we know how to counter their narratives and hold them fully responsible.
- Your settlement amount may be up to 300% higher with a lawyer on your side. First we provide evidence in the form of receipts for medical bills and lost wages. Then we argue for noneconomic losses the law understands (like pain and suffering, including psychological trauma like PTSD).
- You can live your life while this process unfolds, because we do the work for you. Those who file claims on their own are responsible for filling out the proper documentation, learning the legal procedures, and meeting deadlines imposed by statutes of limitations on their own. Any mistake they made, they have to own—a judge is under no obligation to allow do-overs or extend time. We work within the law every day, and never miss a turn for our clients.
Another important reason many choose to hire an attorney is their health circumstances. You may be too injured to do this work yourself. You may be the primary caregiver for an unconscious, incapacitated, or convalescing loved one. Contacting a lawyer right away helps get the process moving while you cannot.
If you value your time, and know you deserve more than the bare minimum offered by insurance, it is advisable to hire an attorney for your car accident case. When it comes to filing car accident claims and lawsuits, the easier way also offers the best results for your final settlement/reward.
With a lawyer you’re more likely to get a settlement and receive a higher amount—all with less effort on your part.
When Do You Need a Lawyer: Before or After Talking to Insurance Reps?
Securing your own lawyer before talking to insurance representatives is the safest way to protect your rights. The reasons for this are:
- An insurance agency is not your friend, it’s a business. Though you pay month after month and year after year to be insured, the company and their representatives have a financial incentive to reimburse you the lowest amount possible. The less they give back, the more money they make.
- You may accidentally say or agree to something that isn’t true. When speaking with an insurance rep over the phone, your recorded conversation may be used against you later. Likewise, if you sign any statement, you may not be allowed to revise it. After an accident, you can refer all communications to your lawyers instead. We can help you write a clear and factual statement when you’re fully ready.
- Their initial offer may not be sufficient for your needs. An insurance representative may tell you that there is a maximum cap on the amount you can receive, and encourage you to accept it right away. There is no rush that won’t allow an attorney to review their offer first, and negotiate based on the severity of your injuries, or the fault of the other driver.
While investigating an accident, the attorneys at Osborne & Francis may also identify manufacturing issues with one or more vehicles involved, dangerous road conditions, or evidence that shows the accident was due to driving under the influence (DUI).
These elements could change the amount of compensation available for your car accident, and may be used in negotiating a settlement or at trial. If you are hit by an uninsured motorist, we can still represent your case and seek the compensation you deserve.
When Should You Get an Attorney for a Car Accident?
After a car accident, many are left wondering, “When should I get a lawyer?” The short answer is: as soon as possible.
By relying on the experience of attorneys with proven verdicts and settlements like Osborne & Francis, you increase your chances of reaching a satisfactory conclusion to an unfortunate event. The difference in results could mean the difference between debt and distress vs. a restful recovery and financial security for your family.
Osborne & Francis is headquartered in Florida, with a nationwide reach. We can be reached online or by calling (561) 293-2600. We know that your time is valuable, and what your losses are truly worth. We will fight to make sure you receive the fairest compensation possible.